Sunday 21 May 2017

postgis - QGIS WKT Raster Plugin error, what does this mean?


I have been playing with the WKT Raster plugin. I have installed the WKT Raster experimental binaries in PostGIS successfully and followed the instructions in the read me to the letter.



When i am in QGIS I use the WKT Raster plugin to "Load Raster to PostGIS" everything seems to run fine there but once completed I get this error below.


Error message I receive after loading raster to postGIS


Even though I get this error the table shows up in PostgreSQL and I can load it into QGIS but it does appear empty/blank. I checked in PostgreSQL and the table is there and it has values in it. Also the error message says "DbError: relation '' already exists", but its the first time I have ever created a table with that name in the DB.


Any ideas?


Thanks Ando



Answer



I'm a WKTRaster developer (now is called PostGIS Raster). I strongly recommend you to use the last PostGIS Raster version, integrated in PostGIS. And the last GDAL version (1.8.0). The GDAL driver (used for communication with QGIS) in GDAL versions previous to 1.8.0 was buggy and unstable.


Further information in my blog: http://gis4free.wordpress.com/2011/03/10/how-to-install-and-configure-postgis-raster-on-windows/


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...