Tuesday 2 May 2017

qgis - Create an optimised path between nodes avoiding polygons entities


I have a point shapefile representing seaports. I have the linear cost of shipping for every seaport pairing (specific shipping cost to go from one point to another point). I want to find a way of creating shipping routes (lines) between all nodes.


Then I will be able to give, for every line, a specific linear cost ($/km), so I can calculate, if I want to go from seaport A to Seaport Z, which path is cost optimised through pgRouting.


On top of that, as a constraint, I want the shipping to avoid land (I have a shapefile of land polygons). That's the real difficulty, because that's way more difficult than a "shortest path" method and I can't figure out any method to deal with this difficulty as a novice. I hope I was clear enough.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...