Tuesday 26 December 2017

Launching GRASS GIS 6.4.3 GUI on windows 8.1?


I downloaded GRASS GIS from this website: GRASS GIS - Home, and I choose winGRASS 6.4.3 standalone installer to download.


After I installed, I click on its icon: enter image description here



I can't launch it even though I have used 2 ways:



  1. just left-click the mouse

  2. right-click the icon and choose start as an administrator


can't launch means after I click the icon, the cmd icon shows up in less than one second on the windows bar below(even no windows come up), and then nothing comes up.


enter image description here


This really bothers me because I can't open GRASS!


I'm working under windows 8.1, is there someone using windows 8.1 facing the same problem like mine?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...