Monday 18 December 2017

arcgis desktop - From .shp to .kml to .shp Without Losing Attributes


I've converted a shapefile with attributes to a .kml for a client. The .kml and attributes were then edited within google earth. I received the updated .kml and now I need to get it back to .shp. The problem is: all of my attributes are now in html format, which makes the popup info box in google earth. When I try to convert back to .shp my attributes get lumped into a (google created) "Description" field. And ALL of my attributes and information is lumped into a single cell. Is there some way to extract the data from the "Description" field. Even if I do that, is there an easy way to get rid of the html format and make it usable?


This is what I get using the "Fusion Table" method I found on some forums. You can see the html in the left, it continues on further than it shows.


http://s6.postimg.org/uf7jeuksh/problems.png


I am using ArcGIS Desktop 10.2.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...