Monday 25 December 2017

Is there a way to integrate my own custom tools into the Processing toolbox in QGIS?



Is there a way to integrate my own custom tools into the Processing toolbox in QGIS? I believe I have found where to strategically hack the stock processing scripts to ensure it picks up my custom provider (python/plugins/processing/core/Processing.py) but I can't figure out if there's a less kludgy way to register things.


I can't find any tutorials or anything so hoping that someone has either done this or can walk me through it.



Answer



Processing provides example code for a new algorithm provider. It's located in the processing folder inside your home directory, e.g. on my machine:


C:\Users\anita\.qgis2\python\plugins\processing\algs\exampleprovider

Based on these example files, you can build your own plugin which can contain as many new algorithms as you want.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...