Friday 22 December 2017

coordinate system - Convert X and Y values from an Israeli source to match the WGS 84 / Pseudo-Mercator CRS in QGIS


I have an Israeli database with X and Y values that I need to upload into QGIS.


I have converted the Excel file into a CSV UTF-8 (Comma delimited) file and upload it as Delimited Text Layer.


I have tried all the Israeli CRS listed in QGIS, and that data is still not matching.


enter image description here



It sure do look like the Israel outlines, but it is about 700kM off somewhere in the Egyptian desert. enter image description here


What is needed in order to fix this problem?



Answer



I seem that I have figured it up, and the problem is quite an odd one.


The X and Y values are listed with a dot between the third and fifth numbers. In QGIS the CRS values are written without a dot, so obviously it cannot work like that.


enter image description here


Once I multiplied the numbers by 1,000 and uploaded the values as a whole number it fits the Israeli CRS.


enter image description here


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...