Tuesday 19 December 2017

buffer - Is there a QGIS equivalent of inline variable substitution in ArcGIS?


I am working through some analysis in QGIS and need to iterate through a layer of points and buffer each point and then export to a new layer. I want the new layer names to have the values from a field in my attribute table. I have created a GIS friendly text field with no spaces : "GISNAME". I am using the fixed distance buffer tool and clicking on the iterate over layer button. Is there a way to make each exported name be Buffer_[value from GISNAME field].shp?


In ArcGIS I would use modelbuilder and set up inline variable substitution to achieve this. I am using QGIS and wanted to know if I can do this here?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...