Tuesday 19 December 2017

Is there an escape option for single quotes & apostrophes in QGIS?


I'm trying to use the Data Defined symbology in QGIS ver 2.2. Some of my data has single quotes/apostrophes.


Since the string must use single quotes, is there an escape option I can use for the field calculator or for the data defined settings field?


So, I'm trying to use something like this:


CASE
WHEN "NAME" = 'WILSON'S' THEN '0,75,224'
END


How do you build an expression around a string that may have a single quote or apostrophe?


Thanks. QGIS Valmiera 2.2 Windows 7 - 32 bit



Answer



Using the escaping by simply doubling the single quote works for me:


CASE
WHEN "NAME" = 'WILSON''S' THEN '0,75,224'
END

Double quotes in the field value don't need escaping:



CASE
WHEN "NAME" = 'WILSON"S' THEN '0,75,224'
END

and I'm not sure if they are allowed in field names. Surely not in shapefiles.


Works at least on Windows.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...