Wednesday 20 December 2017

arcgis desktop - organizing attribute table: multiple sets of variables per point


I would like to have hints on the best way to organize my dataset (I am working with ArcGIS 10.1, advanced license). I would like to build a points layer, each point being a weather station in the study area. For each weather station, I wish to store some data, consisting in the winds speed, average direction, air temperature, and the like. My main issue is that each set of variables is repeated for each month of the year. I am not managing to get my head around the best way to arrange the attribute table. May be I should only build a layer of points with the attribute table storing only the station name, and a sub-table with further data.... But I would like to have feedbacks on this, and possibly practical examples (i.e., URLs) of a good strategy to tackle the issue.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...