Saturday 16 December 2017

lidar - Extracting RGB values from aerial photo and assigning to LAS file with FME?


I need to extract the RGB Values from imagery and assign to a .las file in order to display 3d landscape with "real" colours. I have an unlicenced LAStools, FME 2017 and ArcGIS 10.3.1 at hand.


I have tried with las2las, but the tools don't take the option --color-source as was documented in liblas.org. With FME I can visualize this effect but not export to .las.


Has anyone done this?



Answer



Use the PointCloudOnRasterComponentSetter transformer in FME. Check out this tutorial: https://knowledge.safe.com/articles/1096/color-and-point-clouds.html


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...