Saturday 16 December 2017

arcpy - Create an Identify Route Locations tool that converts M values


I have a data set with many maritime routes that I would like to see the m values (time) for. ArcGIS's Identify Route Locations tool works exactly as I want it to, however, the m value displayed is in Unix time which is not easily read, if at all. I need to convert the Unix times to something readable. I found that using datetime.datetime.fromtimestamp().isoformat() works great but I don't want the user to have to convert the time by hand every time they click along the line. Is there a way to create a tool that works like Identify Route Locations but also converts the m values before displaying them? I can't figure out how to access them. I've looked around and the only solutions I've found were to break down the routs back into points and recalculate the m values, but I'd rather avoid that.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...