Tuesday 20 October 2015

wms - Display Shapefile on website (Java or PHP)


i have to write an application where similar to Google Maps where i have to display a shapefile in a web application. My available technologies are Java (frontend framework: Apache Wicket) or PHP. It has to work under Firefox 4+ and IE8+ What are my options?



I have found a JS library: http://badassjs.com/post/845509816/rendering-binary-shapefiles-with-javascript But it does not seem to work under IE8.


I have read about Web Map Service (WMS). That seems to do the job but requires setting up another server. I could probably live with that.


Are there any other options? What are the best options?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...