Tuesday 27 October 2015

style - How do I make line symbols intersect cleanly without showing edges in QGIS?



I digitised a map showing electric grid lines. I merged a number of lines into a single feature. Now, I'd like these lines to be displayed so that the intersections appear continuous. At the moment, the line edges on intersections are visible and it's not pretty, as visible on the screenshot below:


Overlapping line borders at intersections


I could swear I've seen something about this somewhere on the Internet but I can't find it anymore.



Answer



You need to use Symbol Levels:


enter image description here



enter image description here


The higher the number the later is it drawn. So black will be rendered first then the purple over top meaning that any black bits will be rendered over.


enter image description here


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...