Sunday 18 October 2015

qgis - Transforming Visio polygon to shapefile?


I am a complete newb at this stuff and don't know what I don't know. I may use incorrect language.


Essentially, I want to convert the shapes in a Microsoft Visio diagram into a shapefile. I pretty much want the diagram to BECOME a shapefile.


I have a csv file which describes 10-15 arbitrary polygons from that Visio diagram:


ShapeNo ShapeName PointNo   X    Y
1 My Square 2 37 155
1 My Square 4 116 155
1 My Square 6 116 234
1 My Square 8 37 234

1 My Square 10 37 155

Polygons are going to be squares, rectangles, with the occasional circle/oval. I'll generate the file above with a script which exports each point of each shape in the diagram. Part and parcel of the X/Y info is the relation of each shape to the others.


I'm hoping QGIS can take this information and essentially create a shapefile for me based on some arbitrary lat/lon "center".


Can this be done? If so, a push in the right direction (articles, keywords, walk-throughs) would be really appreciated.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...