Friday 16 October 2015

openlayers 2 - How to put GeoServer layers behind authentication?


I want to publish map layers using OpenLayers and GeoServer. While this is easy enough to set up, I'm a bit lost when it comes to authentication possibilities. What I want is to create different users that will, by logging in with their own user name and password, be directed to their own map window. How can this be securely done so that none of my users will be able to access each other's layers?


I have understood that it is quite easy to "hack" the setup by, for example, making queries to the GeoServer where one simply asks it to list all the available layers.


What are my options? I suppose apache could be of help when setting it up in my ubuntu server? Any tutorials on this subject?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...