Monday 19 October 2015

arcgis desktop - Recording height profile from raster along a polyline shapefile?


I'm looking for the easiest way to record a series of raster values along a 400 meter transect in ArcGIS 10.3.1. I'm working with a LiDAR canopy height model with 3mx3m cells where each cell represents the height of the highest LiDAR return within that area. I'm hoping to produce an output similar to an elevation profile that shows the variation in canopy heights across a specific transect. I also want to show how the variations in canopy height are reflected by other layers generated through grey-level correlation matrix calculations (also a simple raster).


The goal is to create a chart that looks similar to this:


enter image description here


What is the easiest way to go about this in ArcGIS? I don't know anything about coding, but this seems like something that should be easy to do in Arc.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...