Saturday 17 October 2015

arcgis desktop - How to create DEM from Lidar point cloud data?



I'm using ArcMap and I want to create DEM(s) over an area to have different outputs depending on which settings/filters I put in. I have access to laser point cloud data as my input files. I've worked with the LAS dataset tools but I'm not really sure if I'm doing everything correct or not. Because the points aren't regular, maybe some interpolation method is needed first? The problem with that is, I don't have any input point features.


This link describes fairly good the steps I've made: http://www.edc.uri.edu/blog/using-las-datasets-create-functional-outputs



Answer



First, if needed, create a LAS Dataset from your .las files.


Then use LAS Dataset to Raster, select Average for a DEM output.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...