Friday 23 October 2015

database - Filemaker interface with QGIS


I have created a map of features on an archaeological site. The artifact inventory is in FileMaker Pro 12. Rather than creating a CSV file and using that as the attribute table, I would rather, if possible, use a database as an interface to query the artifact inventory to map the occurrence of items in features to start with and then to work with QGIS analytical tools to see if I can isolate family level information.


QGIS archives said that in 2011 it was not possible, then Albert stated he'd found a way to connect FileMaker Pro to QGIS. I would rather use FileMaker as the interface as it cuts out the CSV state that requires a lot of fiddling.


So my question is can QGIS connect with a FileMaker Pro database through ODBC? If so, what are the steps to link them together so that they may be used? I have enabled ODBC in FileMaker and tried to set up the connection in QGIS but what goes into the blanks on the QGIS pulldown page isn't clear.





No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...