Wednesday 28 October 2015

qgis - Saving a gml layer does not change coordinates


I am trying to export a gml layer to geojson with lat/lng as the preferred coordinate system. So what I did was a 'save as' on the layer with selected CRS: 'IGNF: WGS84G'.


Now I was hoping it converted the coordinates of the GML but it did not.


Part of GML data:






264124.695 566223.95




Part of converted JSON data:


"geometry": { "type": "MultiPolygon", "coordinates": [ [ [ [ 264124.695, 566223.95 ] ] ] ] }


As you can see the coordinates remain the same. I tried other formats in order to test if something is converted but not. I am not an expert on GIS transformations so probably I did something wrong.


Environment: Windows 2012 Standard running inside VMWare Fusion QGIS version: 2.0.1 - Dafour 64 Bit



A screenshot of my actions:


enter image description here




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...