Wednesday 28 October 2015

open source gis - Starting a GIS project in java with OSM data


I am starting a new GIS project in Java. Till now, I used JTS and geotools to load shape files - these data were then displayed on a swing interface. For this new project, I would like to use OSM data. I am wondering what is the most efficient way to start.


What I am dreaming on is a simple and light open source java viewer that would be able to load and display OSM data in both vector and raster format, and that I could extend for my project.



Does it exist?



Answer



If you want to use a all-Java web mapping framework, you may want to take a look at Geomajas. It has a plug-in to display OpenStreetMap raster data. If you want to odisplay the vector data as well, then you first have to download that and store it in a database (Postgis is a good choice). This can then be accessed either using the Geotools or the Hibernate layer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...