Saturday 24 October 2015

arcgis desktop - Computing distance from points to coastline


I have a shapefile with the nodes of a grid I have applied, for the purposes of interpolation, and I want to compute the euclidean distance that each grid node (it is a point vector) has to the coastline. I don not want to calculate the nearest neighbor for each point of my grid. I want to have in a table the euclidean distance that each point (the points are placed on the nodes of a regular grid) has from the coast, so that I can use this information as an auxiliary variable in my interpolation. I have found several tools in ArcMap that compute distances, but nothing that computes all the distances from one point feature to a line feature.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...