Wednesday 25 March 2015

Is there a decent open source map-editor?


I would like to have an open source map editor for drawing a city map? I don't want to use OpenStreetMap. It will be a custom map project.


I don't need an advanced GIS system, but a simple map-editor, where I can use my own custom symbols. It must support Transverse Mercator projection and be able to calculated distances between objects on the map.



Answer



Depends on your needs.


QGIS, gvSIG, etc, are all good map editors. Just download OSM data and use these to create your maps.


Also, you might consider creating your map with one those above, and then go to something like InkScape to finish the job.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...