Sunday 22 March 2015

How to combine rows in attribute table using ArcGIS for Desktop?


I have an attribute table with three columns "FID" "Shape" and "Class"


All records have the same shape (polygon). Each record has its own FID. I have three classes, "A", "B", or "C". I have twenty records for Class C and would like to combine them into one record.


I have tried doing a dissolve without specific anything in the Dissolve Fields area and the result was a shapefile with all the Classes combined into one, which I don't want. I also tried doing a dissolve while specifying Class in the Dissolve Fields area. This resulted in a shapefile with the same twenty records for Class C.


How do I get those twenty polygons into one record?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...