Tuesday 31 March 2015

Creating mask file from shapefile using ArcGIS for Desktop?


I have a shapefile of Lakes over my study area. Each polygon has attribute information of each lake, name, shape etc. Actually I want to eliminate all lakes from analysis. In other word, I want lakes to have 0 value and the area that out of boundary of lake to have their orginal pixel values. when I do subset using this shapefile, the output is not I want because my shapefile deoesn't have any value outer boundary of lake.


How can I build a proper mask file (inner part of lake has 0 value, outer is 1) using this shapefile in ArcGIS Desktop?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...