Friday 27 March 2015

arcmap - Unable to export data to ShapeFile in ArcGIS



I've imported an Excel sheet into my ArcGIS project but am unable to convert this to a ShapeFile. When I try, via export data, I get an error message saying either 'output name is not valid', whatever I set the name as, or that it simply cannot save the file.


Any ideas on where I am going wrong?



Answer



when you are at the step of exporting, look at the bottom of the dialogue box and make sure the type is set to shapefile, sometimes it defaults to dbf. Hope that helps.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...