Sunday 29 March 2015

arcgis desktop - Calculating distance to nearest coastline from site locations?


I want to calculate the distance to the nearest coastline from my site locations (point shapefile), and possibly the max distance as well. I am using ArcGIS 10.2 and I already have a shapefile of the coastline (lines), but I don't want to do it manually for each site using the "measuring" tool as I have hundreds of sites.


How else could I do it, perhaps using Euclidean Distance or Zonal stats?



Answer



You should use the Near GP tool for that (Advanced license only).


It will add two fields to your point shapefile: one for distance to the nearest coastline feature and another for the coastline feature ObjectID.


enter image description here


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...