Tuesday 31 March 2015

Filling voids in ASTER stereo-images for DEM generation using ArcGIS Desktop?


I'm trying to use a stereo-pair of ASTER images to generate a DEM (in ERDAS Imagine). However, the mountains are rather cloudy and the images can't be used as they are. But the relevant parts (valley bottoms) are well visible.


I had this idea of cutting the cloudy parts from the stereo-images and inserting the SRTM (in ArcGIS). With this I probably could generate a DEM. But I'm not sure how much sense this makes because I would loose the stereo-view where I insert the SRTM (as I would have to insert the exactly same SRTM-DTM in both ASTER-images).


Do you think it makes sense to insert SRTM-data where there are clouds in ASTER?


Alternatively I could use a different ASTER-scene to insert where I have those voids in my original ASTER-set. But then probably there is the question of the viewing angle of the sensor, if it was not exactly the same, this idea is also useless..?!




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...