Saturday 21 March 2015

arcgis desktop - How to calculate Field using part of filename in ModelBuilder?


I am new to ModelBuilder and have not been able to figure how to use part of the FC name: For example the first FC in my GDB containing around 100 files is "A1005_GPS_Residence", and I need to calculate the new field SID = "A1005".



I have seen some posts with python and manually using the Field Calculator.


I tried using one expression, shown in the screenshot, but I am not sure if I can combine field calculations with inline substitution or the like !%Name%![1:4].


Screenshot of MB




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...