Thursday 28 November 2019

symbology - ArcGIS 9 doesn't recognize ArcGIS 10 .lyr files



I symbolized a parcel shapefile in ArcGIS 10 with about 2 dozen different colors. I need to use this in ArcGIS 9.3 as well, so I saved it as a .lyr file. This works fine in 10. But when I go to 9.3, I can add the shapefile, but not the .lyr file, or import it for symbolization (geometry doesn't match error). Is there a way to make a .lyr file in 10 so that 9 will recognize it? The .lyr file comes from the same shapefile, so I don't know why it wouldn't recognize it. I want to use this symbolization for a half dozen shapefiles a/o feature classes, so really don't want to manually recreate it. Thanks.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...