Friday 29 November 2019

dem - Viewing LIDAR data (.las) in QGIS?


Is there an easy path to visualizing LIDAR data in QGIS?


I have some USGS LIDAR data in .las format downloaded from http://lidar.cr.usgs.gov/. This means I have both the .las and metadata in .xml format. I am aware liblas, but not how to apply it to this task. I am running on Ubuntu 11.04 with QGIS 1.7.0-Wroclaw.


A similar question for ArcGIS is: Converting LiDAR data to raster (DEM/DSM) for ArcGIS input?. I just need to get a sense of this data and the registration. Conversion to a DEM would be OK if I can visualize it.





No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...