Monday 25 November 2019

Seeking open source software package for Remote Sensing?





Here are many questions with great answers about open source GIS software.


I am wondering, what is the best open source software package for Remote Sensing? I would like to learn it and to use in my work.


I used to work with IDRISI, and I've heard about Erdas and ENVI, but they all are not free. I am looking for a free and powerful leader, like Qgis for GIS or R for statistics. With powerful classification, segmentation, Fourier, filters, PCA, etc.


Can anyone please advise me a good free RS software? What are the capabilities, user friendly or with command line? Do any comparison matrices exist?



Answer



There are a few good ones around:



All with the bonus of being able to be used though the QGIS interface using the SEXTANTE plugin like so http://blog.orfeo-toolbox.org/uncategorized/otb-inside-sextante-inside-qgis


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...