Thursday 28 November 2019

arcgis desktop - Using line of sight or something similar to identify where lines go through hills


When QCing power infrastructure I am having to zoom into every gap and check to make sure the line makes sense (not going through the mountain). I typically check for odd spacing between the pylons and zoom into the imagery. What I want to accomplish is have some tool identify where the 'line of sight' would intersect with the DTED_Level_2. Is there a tool in ArcMap 10.1 that can accomplish this? I have 3D Analyst installed.View checking the line makes sense View from google earth




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...