Sunday 17 November 2019

qgis 3 - Insert n points equally distributed into many polygons


I know the "Random Points inside Polygons" tool in QGIS. It generates the below output.


Screenshot of agricultural parcels with some points


What I want to achieve however are 8 equally distributed points for each of the polygons. I thought of dividing the polygons Voronoi-style by the random points and then generating new (equally distributed) points, but I don't seem to be able to do so. Using "Voronoi Polygons" in the toolbox, I only get a Voronoi diagram that's bounded by a rectangle. No way to divide the whole polygon by it:


Screenshot of agricultural parcels with some points and Voronoi


How can I get 8 equally distributed points inside each of the polygons?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...