Wednesday 20 November 2019

geometry - Centroids in QGIS 3.0 not using Python?



How do you calculate centroids in QGIS 3.0? In previous versions, there was an easily accessible tool in the vector geometry toolbar, but it is gone. I've seen ways to do it with Python but I am not that good with Python.


I've tried a few Python plugins to no avail. I've repeatedly got the response "Couldn't load plugin 'realcentroid' due to an error when calling its classFactory() method", which I do not understand.



Answer



It is available in the "Vector -> Geometry tools -> Centroids" menu. You can also access it from the processing toolbox, just open it (menu "processing -> toolbox") and search for centroid.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...