Saturday 22 June 2019

arcgis server - Populate X and Y fields in SDE Point Data Using SQL trigger


Here is my situation. I am running ESRI ArcGIS Server and Desktop 10.2 on SQL Server 2008 R2. I would like to populate the Latitude and Longitude fields from point data (Signs data collected using ESRI Collector App) when saving. I have guessed as using a SQL server trigger on the table, but to no avail as the STPointfromtext SQL code does not appear to derive the X and Y data from the geolocation of the point being created. So since the x and y data will not currently exist in the field and I am wanting it to populate it when a save occurs, does anyone have any thoughts on how this might be able to be accomplished? Would the SQL code listed actually work if formatted correctly? If this would not work, how would you go about getting this field populated without manually doing it each time?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...