Tuesday 25 June 2019

arcgis 10.0 - Is there a Raster Equivalent of the Split tool?


I have the DEM of a State in ERDAS Imagine (.img) format. I have a shapefile containing the counties of that state.


I want to split the whole raster into DEMs of the individual counties. The counties are irregular polygons. So this isn't as easy as splitting the Raster into tiles.


How do I split a raster with a vector polygon shapefile?


I am looking for what is basically the Raster equivalent of the Split tool.


I tried using Clip tool, and the Extract by mask tool, but both of them are unhelpful since they work only on single polygons.


I have looked at the answer given here: Need to clip raster based on field name in ArcGIS 9.3 , but Hawth Tools aren't available for ArcGIS 10.0



I have ArcGIS 10.0+ Spatial Analyst Extension, and QGIS 1.8. A solution in either will be acceptable.



Answer



This model builder workflow will extract a section of the DEM for each county polygon


enter image description here



  • Set the Group by Field variable to be County Name

  • Set the model processing extent to be the same as County


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...