Tuesday 25 June 2019

arcgis 10.1 - Extract Values to Point from Raster Issue


I am trying to use the tool Extract Values to Points on a File Geodatabase raster, but I am getting some weird errors.


I've used this tool multiple times before with no issue, but not since I upgraded to 10.1, so I'm wondering if there is an issue with it.



The errors I got back so far have been:



  1. This error happened when I specified a shapefile as the output: The specified geodataset is invalid for the conversion. The syntax help for the tool you are using should indicate the supported types of input data. For example, for the particular conversion, a rasterlayer may be an invalid type of geodataset.

  2. Next I have an error about it needed at least one band in the raster, the raster does has one band. This occurred when I specified a File Geodatabase as the output.

  3. Finally I had the good ole Error: 999999 for no apparent reason.


The raster is a DEM derived from LiDAR that was not created by a different company. It's too large to be made available for testing, but here are its specs:


Raster_Information

ColumnsandRows 5119,8241

NumberofBands 1
CellSizeXY 1, 1
UncompressedSize 160.93 MB
Format FGDBR
Source_Type Generic
Pixel_Type floating point
Pixel_Depth 32 Bit
Colormap absent

Answer



While I couldn't solve the original problem with the tool Extract Values to Points (Spatial Analyst), I was able to instead use the tool Extract Multi Values to Points (Spatial Analyst).



This tool worked with no issues and instead of creating a new output, it simply appended the DEM elevation values to my existing point file.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...