Tuesday 25 October 2016

spatial analyst - Watershed Tool Straight Edge Problem


I'm trying to accurately delineate a watershed into sub-basins using dams as pour points. I'm using the hydrology toolset, but I can't seem to get rid of straight edges that are along some of the outermost watersheds. Has anyone else had this problem? Here are a few photos:


In this photo, you can see straight edges along the top, bottom, and bottom left sides of the larger watershed. The thick black line is the given watershed line. The watersheds generated using the watershed tool pretty closely follows it, except for the areas just mentioned.


enter image description here This next one is a close-up of the top with the DEM I used (5 m cell size).


enter image description here


I think it may be that I only ran the fill tool once? If this is it, how to I check for sinks to make sure I do the right number of iterations? Would it be easier to redo this in Arc Hydro?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...