Sunday 23 October 2016

qgis - Loading multiple GPX files at once?


I have a whole bunch of GPX files that I need to load into QGIS and loading them one at a time using the GPS plugin is a bit painful. It will not allow one to select multiple files -- is there another way?


I did find this: Automating batch load of multiple GPX files into PostGIS but I need to figure out a lot more about PostGIS and GDAL before trying that approach.


BTW I am using Mac version of QGIS -- just realised that this may be OS related



Answer



Using Add Vector layer you can select multiple files by mouseclicking (at least on Windows), but you have to select for each GPX file what layer you want to add (most probably "tracks").



I guess this could be a good idea for a selfmade plugin, but I have not yet found the time to do that.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...