Wednesday 26 October 2016

arcgis desktop - Dealing with raster: creating it in projected CRS and exporting it in geographic CRS


When creating a raster from a polygon (the CRS of the polygon is a geographic coordinate system), the raster is created in the projected coordinate reference system of the data frame, which is a projected one. I need to do so because I need to specify the Cell size of the raster in meters.


I also need to deliver this raster (previously converted to polygon) in WGS84 (GCS); I am considering to do it so: Changing the Data frame coordinate reference system to WGS84, and, on the result raster, do Data > Export Data and, for the option “Use the same coordinate system as:”, choose “the data frame”.


Is this an accurate way of dealing with that? I mean, aren’t there modifications in areas or coordinates of the delivered shape layer?





No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...