Sunday 23 October 2016

arcmap - Extract coordinates for series of georeferenced files in ArcGIS 10?


I have a series of 1900 spatially continuous images that are georeferenced. Each image is a tif file paired with a tfw file.


These images are easily open and shown in ArcMap 10. However, I need a way to extract and tabulate all of their associated coordinates (in this case, the centerpoints of each image) into a spreadsheet.


How do I do this? Please note that I have no scripting abilities.


Thanks!



Answer



In arcmap 10.
I think I would use the footprint feature (in mosaic dataset) and
then generate the centroid of those polygons.

add an x and a y field to my attribute table,
calculate the geometry,
then export to dbf and convert to xls.
Also found in this answer are several resources for esri help.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...