Thursday 20 October 2016

postgis - Where to find shp2pgsql windows binaries?


Is there anywhere available shp2pgsql binaries for windows without installing the whole PostGIS? I particularity need the command line version of that import tool.


I would like to share a batch script that uses the shp2pgsql.exe to my co-workers but don't know how to share the shp2pgsql.exe. Could I just copy that file from my postgres/bin folder? I suppose that then I need at least libpg.dll. How about other files (libgdal-1.dll, libproj.dll)?




Answer



Answering to my own question based on help from @Sunil and @Paul.


Shp2pgsql.exe is available in binary download from http://download.osgeo.org/postgis/windows. It comes with a lot of unnecessary files. Only libiconv-2.dll in needed.


To be able to load shapes to PostGIS also the psql.exe is needed. It comes with pgAdmin installation. It depends on libpq.dll, libintl.dll and ssleay32.dll.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...