Wednesday 19 October 2016

Seeking Software for Stitching Aerial Photographs?



I am looking for software that is capable of stitching together large number of aerial photographs. The photos are taken with a high quality DSLR from a small helicopter, they cover about 100 meters, they have a small amount of overlap, they also have location data stored in the exif header, are about 7 mb in size, and there are usually around 30000 of them. I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions.


So far I have tried:





  • Autopano Giga 3 - no good results yet just some weird stitches




  • Palentier (yes I know it doesn't really stitch the photos) - Hard to use as I am lacking the direction info, and height above ground info in my exif headers. The height above ground can be calculated by subtracting the ground elevation from the elevation stored in the photo exif but all photos must have the same subtraction value and the terrain height varies greatly.




  • Agisoft Photoscan - Doesn't like the large amount of images, but I am currently trying it with smaller batches.







No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...