Friday 28 October 2016

qgis - Why is my new Shapefile layer not showing up?


I am having trouble with a new shape layer not showing up on my map. The attribute table is showing up fine and all of the points are in there, however visually, there are no dots showing on the map. I have made sure that the new shape layer was at the very top of the stack. I tried placing the new shape layer on a blank new project and it worked perfectly as it should. Then I re-opened the original problem project, deleted all of the existing layers, saved it as temp with no data in it at all, and then closed and re-opened the project and re-loaded the problem shape layer into the new temp project. It did not show up again.


I have gone back to my original data and re-created the csv that I initially used to create the shape file (did this a couple of times), in case there was some spurious content in there, however, this had no effect, and the problem remains.


Using QGIS 1.8.0 and Windows 7 64-bit. However I installed QGIS onto a Linux machine and the identical problem occurred.


Hope someone can help, or has an idea what it might be...




Answer



if you got error in both OS and you can see the information on attribute table, maybe there is a problem with the Coordinate Reference System (CRS).



  • First, when you created the shapefile through "Add Delimited Text Layer" tool, did you assign the CRS?;

  • Second, when you create the project, are you sure that all layers are in the same CRS; If do not, did you activated the option "Enable on the fly CRS tranformation" on the Project Properties window?


CRS tab


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...