Saturday 22 October 2016

arcgis desktop - Vectorizing from raster image with discontinuities or breaks in polygons?


I am new to this site, so I have explained much as i don't know proper terminology.



I am using ArcGIS Desktop 9.3, in which I am trying to create vector polygon shapefile. But the raster image i have is of low quality (means there are some breaks) which is creating problems in vectorization of polygons. I have tried "Raster to Polyline" (so that later it can be converted to polygon), "Raster to Polygon", also Using ArcScan tool (snapping to raster), still the lines are discontinuous, or in case of the polygon, they are mismatching.


So what i really want to know is, whether there is an option to extend or connect the nearby lines, so that the exact shape of the polygons is preserved for large number of polygons...?


In the image, you can see some gaps of which the vectorization is incomplete. My problem is to automatically connect those gaps, so that polygons are created.


enter image description here




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...