Friday 8 April 2016

High Mountain hillshade is not "natural"


after generalizing my DHM and extraction of different color-hillshades, I got something like this:


experimental_hillshade



Its not very good, but I used the idea of Imhof generalizing and coloring the hillshade (multishade). Its "digital-round-smooth" like "organic" and not "natural-edged-hard" like I want it to. (Sorry for that kind of english :)


I mean, in natural its a very steep and hard mountain range, and not a hilly "hobbit-land" :)


Do you have any Idea, how to construct it more natural?


Thanks! Martin




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...