Monday 25 April 2016

arcgis desktop - Symbolize layer and group names in TOC?


I regularly have quite large mxd projects, with lots of feature layers referenced in Table of Contents (TOC). For simplicity I group them together. The problem is that I can't see the difference between a feature layer or a group (or a group of groups).


It is not only me using these documents, and it would be really useful to be able to colorize the name of groups and/or feature layers or have any other way of separate them from each other (other than having to press the +).


At the very least I'd like to have one color for groups and another for feature layers, but being able to choose freely would be a big improvement. Then I can have blue for water related stuff, red for administrative, green for... you get the picture.


Is there any such functionality in Arcmap? Or has anyone made a neat add-in that could do this?


TOC


Arcgis 10.1 on Windows 7





No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...