Thursday 14 April 2016

sql server - Why don't my polygons from MSSQL2008 display in QGIS?


I have imported a polygon shape file in MSSQL2008 using Shape2SQL loader without any issue. When I import the loaded polygon file in QGIS, I can't see it ! When I import other point or line features (previously loaded in MSSQL2008), I can see a few polygons from my file but not all of them.


At first I thought that the geometry of the poly file was not complete, so I repaired the geometry using ArcGIS 10.1 and reloaded the ""fixed geometry" file in MSSQL2008, and still am running in the same problem when I import the layer in QGIS.


One thing I have noticed in QGIS: when I connect to my MSQL2008 database, the points and line features have the geometry and SRID already determined but the polygon file requires the user to define the geometry type and SRID. I have tried selecting polygon and multipolygon type and set the SRID to 0 (like the other features in the DB) and still am running into problems viewing my poly file in QGIS. My original poly file has 1285 polygons in it.


I have tried using a subset of my original file and still am running into problems in QGIS.





No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...