Friday 29 April 2016

time - GeoServer + dynamic datapath layer


My app based on Mapserver contains dynamic layers and using PHPMapscript I modify MAPFILE->LAYER->DATA value based on a parameter that comes via GET. Or I could even use RegEXP in the LAYER->DATA (http://osdir.com/ml/mapserver-users-gis/2012-02/msg00208.html)


I know GeoServer has good REST support and most probably after my analysis this will be one of the reasons why I'm going to change.


Is it possible to define a GeoServer layer dynamically? E.G. I will create datastores for specific topics Layers (shp or raster) are stored following the criteria:


/data/layers/topic1/2013/201305/Layer1.shp, /data/layers/topic1/2013/201305/Layer2.shp, /data/layers/topic2/2013/201305/Layer3.shp


/data/layers/raster/2013/201304/Raster1.{png,geotiff,}, /data/layers/raster/2013/201304/Raster2.{png,geotiff,}


The layers change each month and absolutely I don't want to recreate them via GeoServer admin. Using OpenLayers I can pass a parameter mergeNewParams=YYYYMM and get the specific OWS out of the layer (WMS or WFS), but how?



Something like this when I define the datastore URL http://docs.geoserver.org/latest/en/user/webadmin/data/stores.html#adding-a-store in the connection URL I would like to specify file:/data//YYYY/YYYYMM/YYYYMMDDUTC Is it possible?


Thanks!




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...