Saturday 16 April 2016

arcmap - How could I compare polygons with appropriate circle?


My problem is that I have a polygon shapefile with 1034 records which are the Greek municipalities. My goal is to compare the shape of every record with the circle. In other words, I want to observe the deviation of the polygons from the perfect shape-circle.



Answer




If you have access to ArcMap 10, then Bounding Containers has an option create minimum area bounding circles around features. That would get you started to at least compare the actual area to that of a circle bounding its extent.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...